Tuesday, September 14, 2010


1. The illness I live with is: POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)a form of Dysautonomia

2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: After 2  years and numerous doctors I just began to be diagnosed in September 2010.although we knew this was the diagnosis I was headed towards!

3. But I had symptoms since: I have had symptoms since the age 12!

4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is: Giving up quality time with my kids and friends,the ability to "go" whenever I feel like it.Not driving a car.
 
 
, 5. Most people assume: I want attention, I'm exaggerating and am too negative or that I am not as sick as I am because I am usually pretty happy and try to stay active as I can as I have learned that it minimizes my symptoms.

6. The hardest part about mornings are: Starting the day off with a shower.It absolutely drains me.

7. My favorite medical TV show is:House

8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: My compression stockings!

9. The hardest part about nights are: When I cannot sleep or just no energy or I have to cancel plans with a friend becasue I am sick.

10. Each day I take _8_ pills & vitamins.

11. Regarding alternative treatments :Therapeutic massage......wonderful!~

12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: VISIBLE hands down. If only to shut people up because they could SEE that I was really sick!

13. Regarding working and career:Unable to work anymore.Was fired from my last job due to my FMLA running out and no more vacation or sick time to cover me being ill.
 
14.Favorite quote or scripture that helps get you through tough times:Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles." Isaiah 40:31


No comments:

Post a Comment